Nutritional Counseling and Wellness
Functional nutrition looks at your unique needs. Whether you're looking to lose weight, eat healthier, manage chronic conditions or just feel better, food is used as medicine to reverse the effects of the modern diet to control weight, ease symptoms of disease and take back your health.
Eating Understood Nutritional Counseling, will:
- Look at the cause of issues, not just symptoms
- Define areas of the body that need attention (e.g. digestive system, blood sugar)
- Identify food sensitivities, allergies & deficiencies
- Create a personalized plan for your specific nutritional requirements & objectives
- Work to correct nutritional deficiencies & imbalances
- Aim to restore balance & help you to feel better
- Go at your pace – take it slow, jump in with both feet or somewhere in between
- Support any healing reactions
We’ll work together to support your unique needs and what you are trying to achieve.
A full consultation will include:
FREE pre-consultation: We’ll get to know each other and discuss what you want to get out of nutrition counseling in a 15 minute phone or Skype session.
- Initial Consultation: A 90 minute session exploring detailed background information on your current nutrition, health and concerns including:
Nutritional Assessment Questionnaire outlining your health concerns plus a review of lifestyle, medications and any symptoms or food concerns.
Functional Exam: an exam using touch points on your body (ex. ribs or stomach), to target nutritional recommendations and for us to track your progress in healing.
Testing Foods & Supplements for their benefit to you and any possible reactions.
Food Journal, a record of foods you’ve eaten over 3-4 days.
Nutritional recommendations to support your goals will include specific instructions such as foods, supplements, hand-outs or books.
Blood tests for a more comprehensive review. Please upload blood test results here.
Follow-up Session: One follow-up visit is included with the initial consultation. After the initial consultation is completed, additional follow-up sessions can be scheduled. See our services >
The following forms will need to be filled out and sent either online or via email. Please have these completed 48 hours prior to your appointment so they can be thoroughly reviewed or we will need to reschedule.
- Confidential Health Questionnaire
- Nutritional Assessment Questionnaire
- Food Journal
- Disclaimer form
- Blood tests (optional, upload any available).
Please bring any other health history documentation that may be helpful. All information provided will be kept confidential. With your permission, I can also work in conjunction with your doctor to support you nutritionally.